PressReader is growing fast and has an immediate opportunity to expand our HR team. We are looking for a hardworking Human Resources Generalist to implement a variety of human resource programs to assist in a number of meaningful functions such as employee communications, compensation and benefits, training and development. Due to the diversity of responsibilities of the role, you will be a competent and inventive individual with a real passion for HR. The goal is to ensure the HR operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
- Promote HR programs to build an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Develop, schedule, and conduct leadership, management, interpersonal skills and other training to improve employee performance
- Deliver ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback
- Assist Legal team in development and implementation of HR policies
- Conduct employee on-boarding and help plan training & development
- Counsel employees regarding work, family, or personal problems
- Prepare newsletter and other reports to communicate information about employee concerns and comments and organizational actions taken
- Explain and administer company compensation and benefit programs, such as extended health and MSP, other insurance, training, etc
- Plan, design and produce corporate employee events; propose ideas to improve provided events quality
- Undertake tasks in performance management
- Attend conferences and meetings, as employee-management liaison, to facilitate communication between parties
- Capture and analyze data with useful HR metrics
- Other projects and responsibilities as needed
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience as HR Generalist
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of employment law
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of ADP WFN is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Dream to work as a team with a results driven approach
- BSc/BA in HRM, Business administration or relevant field
- CHRP is an asset
Our benefits package is extensive and covers you and your family. It includes Extended Health Care with Dental and Vision Insurance; payments to the BC Provincial Medical Services Plan; long-term disability, Life and AD&D insurance; paid vacation, sick and bereavement days; and much more.
This is a full time permanent position working from our corporate office in Richmond, BC.
Please apply with a resume and cover letter at https://workable.com/j/2CA38043B4
Please note that only the candidates pre-selected for the interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We appreciate your interest in our company. You can learn more about this and other openings with us at https://about.pressreader.com