. NET Software Engineer
.NET Software Engineer works as a part of our R&D team that builds the platform for PressReader.com web-site and app-services using cutting-edge technologies. They are involved in various stages of software development cycle, including wide range of development projects.
- Design and develop code for web client and server-side application components
- Deliver quality, maintainable code by applying development practices, leveraging test driven development methodology and supporting test automation
- Perform system integration and testing, problem troubleshooting and resolution
- Participate in estimating project efforts and delivery timelines
- Participate in peer design and code reviews
- Identify technical, schedule, and other project risks and provide relevant feedback
- Pro-actively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability
- Provide technical input into product roadmaps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
Skills and Qualification:
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or Software Engineering/Development
- Minimum 3 years of software development expertise in developing large web-based commercial applications
- Minimum 3 years of software development expertise working in a team of 5-10 developers
- Mandatory skills
- Frameworks/Libraries: .NET, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, NUnit/xUnit, jQuery, Knockout.js, Bootstrap,
- Development Tools: Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, NuGet, Git
- Web infrastructure: IIS
- Desirable/Bonus skills
- ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET Core MVC,
- AngularJS, ReactJS, Vue.js
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Ability and desire to write maintainable, quality code based on community standards
- Able to effectively adopt and apply new technical concepts and implementations
- Strong desire for self-improvement in related software development technologies and processes
- Experience in test driven development and Agile/iterative development methodologies
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments
This is a full time permanent position working 36 hours per week from our corporate office in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada at 200-13111 Vanier Place, Richmond BC Canada, V6V 2J1.
Compensation package includes $65-85K annual salary and the following benefits: extended health care, dental, vision and Life &ADD insurance; MSP instalments; 3 weeks paid vacation from the first year, up to 6 paid sick and up to 5 paid bereavement days per year; reimbursements for professional training and membership in professional associations; gym membership and more. The overtime rate of $64.11/hour starts after 40 hours per week.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!