Who we are:
We’re on a mission to improve the way people discover stories that matter. PressReader is a global platform that connects readers to the world’s best newspapers and magazines. Our customers can subscribe for unlimited access or get the full experience sponsored by one of our brand partners.
We work closely with some of the world’s biggest brands to create awesome digital experiences for their customers. We’ve got friends at Cathay Pacific, Accor Hotels, Marriott, and thousands of other hotels, airlines, cruise ships, and libraries. We’re also proud to be a forward-thinking employer that’s committed to creating a flexible, inclusive environment that gives great people the opportunity to do great things.
Lucky for you we’re always growing.
Our Creative Lab team works as part of our broader marketing department. This is a fast-paced role on a fun, mega-talented team. The lab produces a lot of marketing work for PressReader, including digital advertisements, print advertisements, banners, websites, video advertisements, brochures, posters, and more. They also work on a massive number of co-branded campaigns with major airlines, hotel chains, cruise lines, and other brands around the world.
We refreshed our brand in 2016, and we’re looking for a sharp designer with great experience and a solid understanding of current design trends.
This is a contract (6 months) position, with opportunity for permanent placement after completion.
What you need:
- Real passion for what you do. We love what we do, so it’s only fair.
- Advanced print design experience.
- Intermediate web design experience.
- Total Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. maybe Dreamweaver).
- Really, really, ridiculously good organizational skills. You’ll have to manage your time, and your files, in a super-fast, deadline-oriented environment.
- One or two sharp eyes and a strong visual sensibility.
- A positive attitude that can take feedback and make quick edits.
- Some experience working as a team and under a set of existing brand guidelines.
- A certificate, diploma, degree, or other accreditation in a related design discipline.
- Written and spoken English communication skills.
- Front-end superpowers. If you’ve got HTML5, CSS, or UI/UX expertise, we’d love to hear about it.
- Typography and color theory know-how. If you’re a kerning master, let us know.
- Experience working with Mailchimp and Unbounce. We use these platforms a lot.
Share your CV, cover letter, and a portfolio that shows off your work.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note: candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. This role is a full-time position at our headquarters in Richmond, BC.
That said, PressReader is a super-diverse, global company. We’re excited to invite all kinds of people with all kinds of perspectives to apply.