.NET Software Engineer works as a part of our R&D team that builds the platform for PressReader.com web-site and app-services using cutting-edge technologies. They are involved in various stages of software development cycle, including wide range of development projects.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code for web client and server-side application components
- Deliver quality code by applying sound development practices, leveraging test driven development methodology and supporting test automation
- Perform system integration and testing, problem troubleshooting and resolution
- Develop web sites architecture and determine software requirements
- Participate in estimating project efforts and delivery timelines
- Mentor and guide teammates in web technologies
- Provide technical input into web-sites roadmaps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
- Consult with internal clients to develop and document web requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the presentation on the web
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- University Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in C# programming
- Minimum 3 years of recent experience as a Software Engineer in test-driven, continuous integration development environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge
This is a full time permanent position working 36 hours per week from our corporate office in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada at 200-13111 Vanier Place, Richmond BC Canada, V6V 2J1. The overtime rate of $64.11/hour starts after 40 hours per week.
Compensation package includes 80K annual salary and the following benefits: extended health care, dental, vision and accidental death insurances; MSP instalments; paid vacation (3 weeks from the first year), up to 6 paid sick and bereavement days; reimbursements for professional training and membership in professional associations; gym membership and more.