Android Software Engineer
We’re on a mission to improve the way people discover stories that matter. With offices in Vancouver, Dublin, and Manila, we’re building a place for people to find great content from anywhere in the world. We’re on a mission to create a sustainable future for publishers and writers of high-quality news. We want to bring interesting, informative and inspiring stories together for people to read and share. We believe in putting the reader first and are all about innovating the way news is read. And we’re just getting started, come join us!
That’s why we’ve partnered with thousands of publishers to give readers unlimited access to leading newspapers and magazines.
We’re all about choice. Using their phone or tablet, readers can browse content online or download entire issues using the PressReader app. They can subscribe for unlimited access, or get the full experience sponsored by one of our partners.
For hotels, we deliver a personalized experience that helps them stay connected to their guests. With instant translation and the ability to communicate directly with readers, hotels can engage all of their guests before, during, and after their visit.
We have an immediate opening for an Android Software Developer based in our PressReader Headquarters in Richmond, BC. This is an excellent career building opportunity to work on an award-winning digital platform, working across various stages of the software development cycle, in a wide range of development projects with a world class team of experienced and talented colleagues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop code for mobile applications
- Deliver quality code by applying development practices, leveraging test driven development methodology and supporting test automation
- Participate in estimating project efforts and delivery timelines
- Participate in peer design and code reviews
- Identify technical, schedule, and other project risks and provide relevant feedback
- Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability
- User feedback analysis
- Provide technical input into product roadmaps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in Software development
- Minimum 3 years of Java programming
- Minimum 3 years of Android programming
- Knowledge of Kotlin programming language
- Experience with RxJava/RxAndroid
- Understanding of architecture of mobile applications, common patterns and design
- Experience as a Software Developer in production of commercial software developing mobile applications
- Knowledge or experience with test driven development and agile/iterative development methodologies
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments
- Able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge
- Strong analytic skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
This is a full time permanent position with competitive benefits package including extended health, vision, dental and disability insurance, 3 business weeks paid vacation per year for the first three years of service, followed by 4 weeks of paid vacation, up to 6 paid sick days per year, gym membership, training subsidy. This role will be working out of our corporate office at 200-13111 Vanier Place, Richmond, BC, V6V 2J1 Please apply to this role at https://workable.com/j/E713736B2E .
Thank you for your interest in PressReader. You can learn more about this position and other openings with us at about.pressreader.com; http://www.press-dev.com/careers.html
Posted on March 15th, 2019