Manager, Digital Marketing
PressReader is a fast-growing, dynamic technology company, offering unlimited reading of more than 7,000 newspapers and magazines from around the world. We work with major publishers, like The Guardian, The Globe & Mail, The Washington Post, Vogue, GQ, Rolling Stone and many, many more. And, we partner with some of the world’s leading travel brands, including Air Canada, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Turkish Airlines, Fairmont Hotels, Marriott International, Seabourne … you get the idea.
We’re on the hunt for a rockstar marketer who gets excited at the idea of working on B2C and B2B digital acquisition campaigns; someone who’s familiar with leading paid search, paid social, programmatic and additional digital channels; demonstrates a positive can-do attitude, works well in teams, and enjoys solving complex problems. We should be clear: this is a tough job. It’s perfect for someone who can take charge and own the role. It’s an opportunity for sharp marketer to move fast, learn a lot, and potentially advance in the organization as you’ll be joining at an exciting time on a wave of growth and ambitious plans.
If you’re the successful candidate (we hope you are), you’ll work closely with senior managers responsible for both B2C and B2B growth initiatives. You’ll also work with the wider marketing and product teams, and PressReader’s Creative Lab to manage the production of relevant assets to support your campaigns.
Here’s what you’ll do.
- Lead strategy for performance marketing channels including PPC, SEM, Display and Social
- Align strategy and campaigns with overarching company and business objectives
- Lead and create quarterly activity roadmaps that supports long-term growth
- Create a culture of performance and ROI backed up stellar tracking and constant testing across creative, audiences and tactics
- Partner with brand, B2C and B2B segments to create digital marketing strategy, plans and execution that support aggressive growth plans
- Constant analysis and reporting across revenue, audience & subscriber growth, B2B inbound and partner growth
Here’s what we need to see.
- A Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or a related field with 5-7 years of experience in a performance focused digital marketing role with both hand’s on and leadership experience
- Proven track record for strategy, planning and execution of digital marketing and acquisition activity focused on ROI
- Experience with paid search channels like Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Apple Search Ads, and possibly international search platforms such as Baidu, Yandex, Yahoo Japan and more
- Experience with managing paid social campaigns across Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Spotify, Pandora, YouTube and more
- Media buying experience on programmatic platforms such as DoubleClick, Quantcast or comparable channels
- Experience using analytics or attribution platforms like Google Analytics, Branch, Chartmogul, Omniture, Mixpanel, Looker, Adjust, AppsFlyer, Kissmetrics or other analysis platforms. You also have solid Excel skills and get excited about mashing up data
- You have a proven track record understanding/managing SEO & organic, conducting A/B testing, landing page optimization and a range of other related skills and are comfortable building requirements for tech teams
- Are passionate, motivated, and very hard-working. You’re not looking for a 9-5 job but rather the chance to be part of a dynamic, fast-moving team where you can add unique value
- Exude professionalism: you’re comfortable communicating cross functionally and with senior leadership in and outside of the company
- Are an avid consumer of news media and believe in the value of journalism
- Are a native English speaker, with the ability to write grammatically-impeccable, conversion-focused marketing copy
- Have a creative, original, and analytical tech-marketing mindset with the ability to interpret statistics and marketing data. You're always looking for the measurable variable in a marketing campaign, and you excel at breaking down the nebulous concept of 'marketing success’ into tangible KPIs
- Like to hustle. You will move mountains to get things done, rather than giving up in the face of a speed bump. You are driven to try harder in situations where other people tend to give up
- Always maintain a positive, can-do attitude and a sense of humour
- Working knowledge of marketing automation systems (e.g. HubSpot, MailChimp, Unbounce), CRM systems (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics), and Project Management tools (e.g. Monday).
- A passion for the technology sector, evidenced by in-depth knowledge of industry trends, practices, leaders, and marketing strategies
Wait, there’s more.
We offer a competitive compensation package comes with a chance to be working in one of the most dynamic and exciting international tech companies in Canada.
This role is a full-time position based in our Richmond, BC office. Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada and have a valid passport.
To apply, please submit your CV and blow our minds with an awesome cover letter explaining why you’re right for this role.