Business Development Manager, Content Partnerships (Dublin/Paris)
Manager, Content Partnerships (Paris/Dublin)
We’re a young, rapidly growing, progressive technology company with an exciting future. We believe that investing in our employees and nurturing them to learn and grow is essential to achieving our goals as well as the impressive and sometimes provocative partnerships we are building worldwide. We’re a multi-cultural global company that appreciates and supports diversity in our employees and partners. And thanks to our rapid expansion, we’re looking to grow our business development team by adding highly skilled individuals. Individuals who will focus on forging new partnerships, expanding existing ones, and uncovering unique opportunities all aimed at keeping us on the leading edge of consumer engagement and content delivery.
Joining our business development team, successful candidates will own key global regions, developing a diverse portfolio of content partners. Le Figaro, The Washington Post, The Globe and Mail, The Guardian, Newsweek, Vogue, Men’s Health and T3 are just a few on a long list of great publications we work with. Aimed at building a comprehensive and immersive content offering, you will engage your creative and analytical skills to drive success for content providers and PressReader in a number of key areas, including distribution, revenue, evolving reader attraction and engagement and building strong long lasting partnerships. A progressive understanding of technology in relation to publishing and a perceptive approach to marketing as it relates to content is essential to work at optimum levels with internal teams and external partners.
Make no mistake, this role is fast-paced and demanding with huge growth opportunities. But for the right candidate, it’s a terrific opportunity to work in an incredibly exciting, constantly evolving environment with a young, smart and ambitious team. In addition to a competitive compensation package, there’s plenty of room for advancement plus the potential for international travel. Not to mention the opportunity to help shape the future of content publishing from the ground up.
We’re looking for someone based in Dublin or Paris who will become a member of our newly formed Dublin office and work closely with our head office in Vancouver. As one of the first wave of employees you’ll be helping build and shape the personality and culture of our Irish based International Headquarters, while being an essential part of the global Content Group.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Bolster, develop and scale PressReader’s publisher and content partnerships in both Germany and France via bilingual business development and relationship management at all decision making levels
- Pro-actively build, own and manage a pipeline of new publishers in French and German speaking countries – delivering on agreed targets and KPIs
- Expand and deepen existing publisher relationships by identifying new opportunities for growth and best practice product adoption
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders and teams to manage the end-to-end publisher relationships and on-boarding new content partners across geographies
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Content Group in Vancouver and other international team members
Share insights and customer feedback with a view to influencing and steering product delivery and continuous improvement
- Fully bilingual. Your written and oral English, French and German is second to none
- A natural closer. You yell your successes from the roof top all the while you are closing the next deal as you sprinted up the stairs
- Passionate, motivated and very hard-working. This isn’t the kind of job where you can hang out on Facebook Messenger or checking out the latest Twitter gossip
- Relationship driven. You know there is more to it than just wining and dining
- Detail oriented and super organized. Dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s are only the beginning. Targets and deadlines make you run harder
- An excellent communicator – both written and oral with a strong command of the English language
- Revenue focused. You can serve two masters - your employer and your partners, simultaneously
- Not afraid to engage with senior leaders of large corporations and are familiar with the nuances. You’re not a traditional thinker, however, allowing you to circumvent corporate hang-ups
- Can intelligently and thoughtfully discuss the future of publishing with industry knowledge to back up your opinions
- Have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree, ideally in international business or business communications
- Have plenty of ambition and motivation. You’re not looking for a 9-5 role but rather the chance to be part of a hard-working, fast-moving team. You’re always learning and self-improving
- Like to hustle. You will move mountains to get things done, rather than giving up in the face of a speed bump. You get motivated and try harder in situations where other people tend to give up
- Always maintain a positive, can-do attitude and a sense of humor. This one is non-negotiable
- A regular consumer of content and are an avid reader. You have diverse tastes in magazines and newspapers, and can articulate what these publications mean to you. You ‘get’ the publisher mindset and what they are trying to achieve
- Possess a willingness to learn and a collaborative attitude. You can take feedback without pouting, and you easily build positive relationships with your colleagues
- Health Insurance
- Gym Subsidy
- Training & Education Reimbursement Program