Software Testing Intern (Co-op)
Our business partner, TextBookHub, are looking for a Software Testing Intern for 4 months Summer term, which may be an ideal co-op placement for you, if a eager to learn about Quality Assurance in digital publishing.
About TextbookHub: From Reading to Interacting:
We’re bringing textbooks to life. TextbookHub is a software company that integrates digital textbooks into the classroom environment for K-12 students, teachers and administrators. Our platform is designed for the modern classroom with unique, real-time customization options. Teachers can customize content with learning management system integration, extended analytics, interactive overlays and a quiz building platform. TextbookHub provides an improved learning environment through full integration with school Learning Management and Student Information Systems.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture in our Richmond, BC facility made up of the best and brightest people in the business.
About the role:
We’re looking for a motivated intern in our R&D department to help improve the quality of our product and services. You'll work with a team of talented software engineers, gain experience testing mobile, desktop and web applications using cutting edge technologies.
This is a fun and fast paced environment. If you like to be a detective, break things, develop tools, be challenged with tough problems and love to work with smart people, this is a place where you will have a lot of fun.
We are looking for you if:
- You are passionate about quality and providing solutions that delight customers
- You have solid computer science fundamentals
- You are curious and pay attention to details
- You enjoy breaking things and figuring out how they work, or why they don’t sometimes
- You are result driven, guided by principles and best practices, and thrive in a fast paced, iterative development environment
- If you love to learn and to challenge yourself, you’ll love this job
- 1) Develop infrastructure, tools, and automation
- 2) Monitor and report product quality; investigate and drive to resolution of issues
- Work directly with PM and a fun development team oftwarere eager to learn
- BS degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or equivalent expected within 18 months
- Experience with C#, Java, or similar object-oriented language a big plus
- Experience with mobile/web applications and microservices a big plus
- Excellent technical and communication skills
An opportunity to get a real world experience working in fast paced SAAS development environment.