Web Graphic Designer / Apps Store Manager
We are a young, rapidly growing, progressive technology company with an exciting future. We believe that investing in our employees and nurturing them to learn and grow is essential to achieving our goals. We are a multi-cultural global company that appreciates and supports diversity in our employees and partners. And thanks to our rapid expansion, we’re looking to grow team by adding highly motivated individuals.
Successful candidates will create and maintain modern web site designs and manage applications submission process for our content partners. This role is fast-paced and demanding with many exceptional opportunities for growth. In addition to a competitive compensation package, there is plenty of room for advancement. Not to mention the opportunity to help shape the future of content publishing.
This position will include, but not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Apply user-centered design processes and industry best practices to design web pages for all screen sizes that holistically solve customer and business challenges
- Support the evolution and maintenance of existing digital content design assets
- Design icons and other graphics assets for use in mobile applications
- Manage mobile applications submission processes (iOS and Android) for our content partners
- Stay up to date on current and future front-end web development technologies, specifications, and frameworks and make recommendations on when they are appropriate to use
Skills and Experience:
- Strong visual sense with the ability to take original ideas from concept to completion
- Complete understanding and a level of expertise with design platforms such as the full Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc.), Microsoft Office Suite
- A post-secondary degree or Diploma in Graphic Design/Communication/Marketing
- Solid understanding of web design standards and best practices, responsive design, and UI/UX principles
- A responsible attitude, problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Works well under pressure and in a team environment, with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with branding, marketing and advertising is an asset
- Familiarity with basic SEO and performance best practices is an asset
- Thorough and detail-oriented, ensuring that every piece of work produced is pixel perfect and of the highest quality
This role is a full-time position based in our Richmond, BC office. Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada, have a valid passport, and no restrictions on their ability to travel if needed.
To apply, please submit your CV, portfolio, and a cover letter with an overview of your favorite publication (and why). No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.