Web Graphic Designer / Apps Store Manager
We’re a young, rapidly growing, progressive technology company with an exciting future. We believe that investing in our employees and nurturing them to learn and grow is essential to achieving our goals. We’re a multi-cultural global company that appreciates and supports diversity in our employees and partners. And thanks to our rapid expansion, we’re looking to grow our content partnerships team by adding highly motivated individuals. Individuals who will focus on providing exceptional products to our content partners and their readers all aimed at keeping PressReader on the leading edge of consumer engagement and content delivery.
As part of our branded partnerships team, successful candidates will design and manage the end-user facing visual presence of HTML5 and app products for ourcontent partners, including HTML5 and app products. The New York Times, The Globe and Mail, The Guardian, La Nacion, ARM and Washington Post are just a few on a long list of great partners we work with to deliver exceptional digital editions for their readers across the globe. Aimed at building a comprehensive and unique path to growth for each publishing partner, you will engage with the broader team and use your creative and analytical skills to help drive success for content providers in a number of key areas, including distribution, revenue, and evolving reader attraction and engagement, while focusing on all visual aspects of their product A progressive understanding of technology in relation to publishing and a perceptive approach to consumer marketing as it relates to various types of content is essential to exceed goals in this role. Driving reader satisfaction and publisher growth will become your mantra.
Make no mistake, this role is fast-paced and demanding with many exceptional opportunities for growth. But for the right candidate, it’s a terrific opportunity to work in an incredibly exciting, constantly evolving environment with a young, smart and ambitious team. In addition to a competitive compensation package, there’s plenty of room for advancement. Not to mention the opportunity to help shape the future of content publishing from the ground up.
Main duties of the job:
- Researching and developing web, mobile and desktop applications design on variety of platforms including web, mobile web, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows phone, etc.
- Designing and developing landing pages, wireframes, visual mockups, layouts and final graphics for applications and websites.
- Managing apps store, updating the apps pages as needed.
Things we can’t live without
Readers want the best. Publishers demand the best. So, we’ll wait to hire the absolute best person to satisfy both. You are:
- Minimum one year work experience in a graphic design studio, user experience, or applications management position. You have an exceptional portfolio of design work, demonstrating your innovative and broad skill set.
- Complete understanding and a level of expertise with design platforms such as the full Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, etc), Microsoft Office Suite and feel at home working with HTML and CSS.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design, or related discipline, CGD certification is preferred
- Experience managing apps across platforms, including APK, IAPs, store descriptions, screenshots and partner store accounts.
- A love for new technologies – you are an early adopter who is always excited about the next update from Android or iOS.
- Results driven. You yell your successes from the rooftop all the while you drive the next project as you sprint up the stairs.
- Relationship-oriented. Driving deep long lasting partnerships gets you out of bed in the morning, as does knowing what you are doing influences the lives of thousands of people daily.
- Passionate, motivated and like to hustle. You will move mountains to get things done, rather than giving up in the face of a speed bump. You get motivated and try harder in situations where other people give up and walk away.
- Detail-oriented and super organized. Dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s is only the beginning. Targets and deadlines make you run harder.
- An excellent communicator, both written and oral, with a strong command of the English language.
- Revenue-aware. You know that success is in the numbers, and can drive the bottom line for both PressReader and your partners. Creative and informed. You’re not a traditional thinker and the proof is in the pudding.
- Have plenty of ambition and motivation. You’re not looking for a 9-5 role but rather the chance to be part of a hard-working, fast-moving team. You’re always learning and self-improving.
- Always maintain a positive, can-do attitude and a sense of humor. This one is non-negotiable.
- A regular consumer of content and are an avid reader. You have diverse tastes in magazines and newspapers, and can articulate what these publications mean to you. You ‘get’ the publisher mindset and why their content is relevant (or not) to their audience.
- The ability to manage numerous simultaneous projects, prioritize, and drive to deadline. You’ve taken something from start to finish and have the trophies to show it was a success.
- A passion for the publishing industry, evidenced by a deep knowledge of industry trends, regional differences, leaders and global brands.
- App testing and troubleshooting experience. You love finding those itty bitty things that will make the experience just that much better.
- Exposure to an environment that develops and manages numerous apps and products
- Advertising or marketing work in a multimedia environment.
Those extra things we’d love you to have.
This role is a full-time position based in our Richmond, BC office. Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada, have a valid passport, and no restrictions on their ability to travel if needed.
To apply, please submit your CV, portfolio, and a cover letter with an overview of your favorite publication (and why). No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.