Global Events Manager
Working closely with our marketing team and under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Global Events Manager is responsible for executing and planning all marketing activities related to PressReader’s events and sponsorship activities, with a focus on publishing and B2B. The GE Manager also plays an active role in contributing to the strategic planning of these activities, monitoring ROI of event marketing, and optimizing based on lessons learned.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working with the team to define strategic goals for events in which PressReader acts as a sponsor or participant, and building a marketing strategy aligned with these objectives.
- Developing a series of business development events (cocktail, dinner, mini-conference, etc.) in key markets.
- Ensuring that all event marketing serves to build the PressReader brand and drive targeted networking for both the sales and leadership teams.
- Working with venues and vendors on event logistics, promotional materials, signage development, etc.
- Optimizing pre- and post-event marketing for business and brand development (email marketing, landing pages, trial accounts, multimedia, etc.)
- Detailed tracking of expenditures and, where possible, ROI.
- Working closely with leadership and the marketing team to ensure that event investment is well-managed and remains aligned with budget plans.
- In some cases, handling on-site logistics throughout the event.
Make no mistake, the role is fast-paced and demanding. But for the right person, it’s a terrific opportunity to work at an incredibly exciting, fast-growing company with a whip-smart team. There’s room for advancement, and potentially some international travel.
The Global Events Manager must:
We’ll wait to hire the right person, so our expectations are high. You:
- Have minimum 5-10 years of excellent, progressive event marketing experience running every aspect of business events (technology, media and/or corporate).
- Have a Rolodex of preferred vendors and venue contacts.
- Be passionate, motivated, high-energy, entrepreneurial and very hard-working.
- Have back-up plans for your back-up plans – you’re prepared for things that could go wrong, and have enough experience to anticipate potential challenges and plan accordingly.
- Maintain a great attitude and work well with a team, especially under pressure.
- Be a native English speaker, with the ability to write grammatically impeccable, sharp, interesting copy.
- Like to hustle. You will move mountains to get things done, rather than giving up in the face of a speed bump. You get motivated and try harder in situations where other people tend to give up.
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude and a sense of humour. This one is non-negotiable.
- Exude professionalism: you’re comfortable communicating with senior leadership at major companies.
- Be super organized: you don’t need to be micromanaged to hit all of your deadlines. You can be trusted to manage complex projects.
- Possess a willingness to learn and a collaborative attitude. You can take feedback without pouting, and you easily build positive relationships with your colleagues
- Have the ability to manage complex projects and competing priorities.
- Possess a willingness to learn and a collaborative attitude. Be able to take feedback easily build positive relationships with colleagues.
- Be a regular consumer of news and avid reader. It’s imperative to ‘get’ the end consumer’s mindset.
- A second language is always a bonus.
This role is a full-time position based in our Richmond, BC office.
A competitive compensation package is offered along with a chance to be working in one of the most dynamic and exciting international tech companies in Canada.