Senior Software Engineer
PressReader Software Development is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong technical experience in front and back-end development. If you are the kind of person who wants to contribute to the delivery of high-performance, high-traffic microservices and APIs, has an appetite for solving problems and creating game-changing solutions - then we are just the place for you. You will join a team of talented peers building core components for our services and web site.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering/Development
- 5+ years of proven web software development experience
- Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented programming, UI design, and architectural design schemas for scalable web-based applications
- Understanding of team development including source control technology, product deployment strategies, and software design
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking
Nice to have
- Experience in ASP.NET Core, MS SQL Server, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Cassandra, Kakfa, ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and distributed systems
- Experience in Typescript, knockout.js, React, Redux, npm, webpack
- Familiarity with designing RESTful API
- Collaborate with other engineers, developers, architects, QA, system engineers and product managers in solving new and existing technical issues
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Participate in Design and Code Reviews
- Measure and verify that new and old code has acceptable performance and scalability
- Maintain ownership of the projects assigned
- Perform regular on-call duties
Our benefits package is extensive and covers you and your family. It includes Extended Health Care with Dental and Vision Insurance; payments to the BC Provincial Medical Services Plan; long-term disability, Life and AD&D insurance; 15 business days of paid vacation from start increasing to 20 days after 3 years, up to 6 sick and up to 5 bereavement paid days per year; subsidised membership in Steve Nash; up to $1,200 in training and professional associations membership fees per year; complimentary snacks and drinks in the office; flexible work hours and more.
This is a full time permanent position working from our corporate office in Richmond, BC.
Please apply with a resume at https://workable.com/j/B477E9C081
Please note that only the candidates pre-selected for the interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We appreciate your interest in our company. You can learn more about this and other openings with us at https://about.pressreader.com.