Relationship Specialist ( German markets )
We’re a young, rapidly growing, progressive technology company with an exciting future. We believe that investing in our employees and nurturing them to learn and grow is essential to achieving our goals as well as the impressive and sometimes disruptive partnerships we are building worldwide. We’re a multi-cultural global company that appreciates and supports diversity in our employees and partners. And thanks to our rapid expansion, we’re looking to grow our business development team by adding highly skilled individuals. Individuals who uncover unique opportunities aimed at keeping us on the leading edge of consumer engagement and content delivery.
Joining our business development team, successful candidates will manage a portfolio of content partners, all the while building relationships and providing support to them across the globe. Le Figaro, Süddeutsche Zeitung, The Globe and Mail, The Guardian, Newsweek, Vogue, Men’s Health and T3 are just a few on a long list of great publications we work with. Aimed at building a comprehensive and immersive content offering, you will engage your creative and analytical skills to drive success for content providers and PressReader in a number of key areas, including distribution, revenue, evolving reader attraction and engagement, and building strong long lasting partnerships. A progressive understanding of technology in relation to publishing and a perceptive approach to marketing as it relates to content is essential to work at optimum levels with internal teams and external partners.
Make no mistake, this role is fast-paced and demanding with significant growth opportunities. But for the right candidate, it’s a terrific opportunity to work in an exciting, constantly evolving environment with a young, smart and ambitious team. In addition to a competitive compensation package, there’s plenty of room for advancement.. Not to mention the opportunity to help shape the future of content publishing from the ground up.
Based in our Vancouver (Richmond) office, you will work with an established team, learning the business from the ground up.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Pro-actively build and manage a pipeline of existing and new publishers in countries across the globe, delivering on agreed targets and KPIs
- Deepen existing publisher relationships by identifying new opportunities for growth and best practice marketing adoption
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders and teams to manage the end-to-end publisher relationships and on-boarding new content partners across geographies
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the Content Group in Vancouver and other international team members.
- Share insights and customer feedback with a view to influencing and steering product delivery and continuous improvement
Our expectations are high but so are the opportunities. So, we’ll wait to hire the right person for the job. You are:
- Fully bilingual English and German.
- A natural closer. You yell your successes from the roof top all the while you are closing the next deal as you sprint up the stairs.
- Passionate, motivated and very hard-working. This isn’t the kind of job where you can hang out on Instagram or checking out the latest Twitter gossip.
- Relationship driven. You know there is more to it than just wining and dining.
- Detail oriented and super organized. Dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s are only the beginning. Targets and deadlines make you run harder.
- An excellent communicator – both written and oral with a strong command of the English language.
- Revenue focused. You can serve two masters - your employer and your partners, simultaneously.
- An honest interest in publishing, with a little industry knowledge to back up your opinions.
- Have at minimum a Bachelor’s degree, ideally in media, business or business communications.
- Have plenty of ambition and motivation. You’re always learning and self-improving.
- Like to hustle. You will move mountains to get things done, rather than giving up in the face of a speed bump. You get motivated and try harder in situations where other people tend to give up.
- Always maintain a positive, can-do attitude and a sense of humor. This one is non-negotiable.
- A regular consumer of content and are an avid reader. You have diverse tastes in magazines and newspapers, and can articulate what these publications mean to you. Possess a willingness to learn and a collaborative attitude. You can take feedback without pouting, and you easily build positive relationships with your colleagues.
Nice to have
- A passion for the publishing industry, evidenced by a deep knowledge of industry trends, regional differences, leaders and global brands.
- Experience negotiating commercial terms in a contractual format.
This role is a full-time position based in our Richmond, BC office. Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada, have a valid passport, and no restrictions on their ability to travel.
Our benefits package is extensive and covers you and your family. It includes:
- Extended Health Care with Dental and Vision Insurance;
- installments to the BC Provincial Medical Services Plan;
- long-term disability and AD&D insurance for the employee;
- up to 6 paid sick days per year;
- up to 5 paid bereavement days;
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year for start;
- salary advances in exceptional circumstances;
- reimbursements for professional training and the membership in the professional associations;
- gym membership.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter which includes an overview of your favorite publication (and why) . No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.