Bilingual Product Specialist ( French )
We’re a young, rapidly growing, progressive technology company with an exciting future. We believe that investing in our employees and nurturing them to learn and grow is essential to achieving our goals. We’re a multi-cultural global company that appreciates and supports diversity in our employees and partners. And thanks to our rapid expansion, we’re looking to grow our content partnerships team by adding highly motivated individuals. Individuals who will focus on forging new partnerships, expanding existing ones, and uncovering unique opportunities all aimed at keeping PressReader on the leading edge of consumer engagement and content delivery.
A part of our branded solutions team, successful candidates will own relationships with a variety of key publishing partners, managing all aspects of their digital edition products. The New York Times, The Globe and Mail, The Guardian, La Nacion, APN and Media24 are just a few on a long list of great partners we work with to deliver exceptional digital editions for their readers across the globe. Aimed at building a comprehensive and unique path to growth for each publishing partner, you will engage your creative and analytical skills to drive success for content providers in a number of key areas, including distribution, revenue, and evolving reader attraction and engagement. A progressive understanding of technology in relation to publishing and a perceptive approach to consumer marketing as it relates to various types of content is essential to exceed goals in this role, and work effectively with both internal and external parties. Driving reader satisfaction and publisher growth will become your mantra.
Make no mistake, this role is fast-paced and demanding with many exceptional opportunities for growth. But for the right candidate, it’s a terrific opportunity to work in an incredibly exciting, constantly evolving environment with a young, smart and ambitious team. In addition to a competitive compensation package, there’s plenty of room for advancement. Not to mention the opportunity to help shape the future of content publishing from the ground up.
Readers want the best. Publishers demand the best. So, we’ll wait to hire the absolute best person to satisfy both. You are:
- Results driven. You yell your successes from the rooftop all the while you drive the next project as you sprint up the stairs.
- Relationship-oriented. Driving deep long lasting partnerships gets you out of bed in the morning, as does knowing what you are doing influences the lives of thousands of people daily.
- Passionate, motivated and like to hustle. You will move mountains to get things done, rather than giving up in the face of a speed bump. You get motivated and try harder in situations where other people give up and walk away.
- Detail-oriented and super organized. Dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s is only the beginning. Targets and deadlines make you run harder.
- An excellent communicator, both written and oral, with a strong command of the English language.
- Revenue-aware. You know that success is in the numbers, and can drive the bottom line for both PressReader and your partners.Creative and informed. You’re not a traditional thinker and the proof is in the pudding.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, or education leading to a degree, ideally in business, marketing or business communications – or a combination of all of the above would be a huge asset.
- Have plenty of ambition and motivation. You’re not looking for a 9-5 role but rather the chance to be part of a hard-working, fast-moving team. You’re always learning and self-improving.
- Always maintain a positive, can-do attitude and a sense of humour. This one is non-negotiable.
- A regular consumer of content and are an avid reader. You have diverse tastes in magazines and newspapers, and can articulate what these publications mean to you. You ‘get’ the publisher mindset and why their content is relevant (or not) to their audience.
- Fluent in French language, both written and spoken, especially if this is the language what you spend all your spare time speaking.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada for any employer, have a foreign passport and have no restrictions on your ability to travel if needed
Nice to have
- A passion for the publishing industry, evidenced by a deep knowledge of industry trends, regional differences, leaders and global brands.
- Experience negotiating commercial terms in a contractual format.
- Advertising or marketing work in a multimedia environment.
- Project management experience. You’ve taken something from start to finish and have the trophies to show it was a success.
This role is a full-time position based in our Richmond, BC office.
Our benefits package is extensive and covers you and your family. It includes:
- Extended Health Care with Dental and Vision Insurance;
- installments to the BC Provincial Medical Services Plan;
- long-term disability and AD&D insurance for the employee;
- up to 6 paid sick days per year;
- up to 5 paid bereavement days;
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year for start;
- salary advances in exceptional circumstances;
- reimbursements for professional training and the membership in the professional associations;
- gym membership.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter which includes an overview of your favorite publication (and why) . No phone calls, please. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.