We’re a young, rapidly growing, progressive technology company with an exciting future. We believe in investing in our employees and nurturing them to learn and grow in their roles. We’re a multi-cultural global company that appreciates and supports diversity. And thanks to our rapid expansion, we’re looking to grow our Support Services team.
We have immediate entry-level opportunities for System Administrator team members. These are permanent, full time positions working from our corporate office in Richmond, B.C. We’re specifically looking for candidates that can cover an evening/night shift. The roles are technical in nature, and the right people may have the opportunity to progress within our fast-growing organization. Reporting directly to the Manager of Network Operations and Support Services, the successful candidate will handle the following:
- Production and processing of digital newspapers and magazines replicas from around the world.
- Execution of quality control and assurance measures adhering to Service Level Agreements.
- Provision of technical support and services to our international clients and publishing partners.
- Administration, installation, maintenance and support of PressReader products and applications.
- Monitoring of internal network systems.
- Liaison and collaboration with multiple internal and remote departments and teams.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Information Technology or Computing Science or related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Environment and Operating Systems 2000, XP, Vista 7 and 8.
- Understanding of basic networking protocols such as FTP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP.
- Technical and client support experience via email, phone, Skype and remote connection tools.
- Experience with remote support tools, Microsoft Outlook and/or other email management suite.
- Troubleshooting experience in a Windows network environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills with a strong command of the English language.
- Adaptability to a dynamic environment with constantly changing duties and priorities.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing tasks.
- Efficiency working in a team and ability to be self-sufficient requiring minimal supervision.
- Flexibility on working hours.
- Owns a reliable transportation to work as some shifts are beyond public transportation hours.
PressReader offers a competitive compensation package which includes an annual salary; extended health care, dental, vision and accidental death insurances; MSP instalments; paid vacation, sick and bereavement days; reimbursements for professional training and membership in professional associations; subsidized fitness membership and more, along with a chance to be working in one of the most dynamic and exciting international digital publishing companies.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume. Deadline for application submission is July 31, 2016.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews. For more information about our company, please visit our website about.pressreader.com.