Full Stack Software Engineer
- .NET/C#, ASP.NET MVC and WebAPI for backend services and web development
- Microsoft Azure as a cloud platform
- Mix of SQL and NoSQL for database (MS SQL Server, Cassandra, Redis, Azure Table/Blob storage, DocumentDB)
- ElasticSearch for full-text search and analytics
- Agile development process
- Continuous integration and deployment (TeamCity, Octopus Deploy)
- Selenium for automated testing
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code for web client and server-side application components
- Deliver quality code by applying sound development practices
- Perform system integration and testing, problem troubleshooting and resolution
- Participate in estimating project efforts and delivery timelines
- Mentor and guide teammates in web technologies
- Provide technical input into web-sites roadmaps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
- Consult with internal clients to develop and document web requirements
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in C# programming
- Minimum 3 years of recent experience as a Software Engineer in test-driven, continuous integration development environment (back-end unit-testing, front-end unit-testing, behavior and integration testing)
- Solid understanding and experience using both relational (MS SQL) and non-relational (Cassandra, Redis) data stores, cloud platform (Microsoft Azure)
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
1. Flexible hours supported by outstanding benefits
2. Six levels of engineers within R&D department with unlimited opportunities to grow
3. Opportunity to rock the world of digital publishing and distribution while doing your job
What You Will Be Doing:
In this position you will join the team that builds the platform for PressReader.com web-site and app-services using cutting-edge technologies. This is an excellent career building opportunity as you will be involved in various stages of software development cycle, involved in wide range of development projects, working on the multicultural team of experienced and talented colleagues.
Our development stack is:
What You Need To Succeed in This Role:
This role is a full-time position based in our Richmond, BC, office.
Send your resume at https://pressreader.workable.com/j/7FF4DCCB15 to add it straight to the job pipeline.
We thank you for your interest in joining us. Only eligible candidates will be contacted for interviews. For more information about our company and other roles open, please visit our website http://about.pressreader.com.