We’re a young, rapidly growing, progressive technology company with an exciting future. We believe in investing in our employees and nurturing them to learn and grow in their roles. We’re a multi-cultural global company that appreciates and supports diversity. And thanks to our rapid expansion, we’re looking for a highly skilled individual to take on B2B proposal work.
Working closely with both our marketing and sales teams, and reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications and our Market Development Executive, the Proposal Manager will be responsible for writing, structuring and compiling pitches, proposals and presentations targeting major business and publishing partners and prospects.
Make no mistake, the role is fast-paced and demanding. But for the right candidate, it’s a terrific opportunity to work at an incredibly exciting, fast-growing company with a whip-smart team. There’s plenty of room for advancement for the right candidate.
A competitive compensation package is offered, along with a chance to be working in one of the most dynamic and exciting international tech companies in Canada.
We will wait to hire the right candidate.
- Act as the central point for the proposal development process when targeting B2B and publishing partnerships of a large scale.
- Work closely between sales and marketing teams to develop detailed, highly targeted pursuit materials and proposals.
- Understand prospects’ brands, and develop a strategy designed to align with/drive results for their marketing, communications and customer experience initiatives.
- Maintain the PressReader brand and voice throughout the process, telling a story interwoven with precise financial models and a clearly communicated value proposition.
- Write excellent copy and maintain an incredible degree of accuracy in all written work, research, citations and financial models.
- Manage teams for oral presentations – prepare messaging, visual aids, and work with the team to optimize and rehearse the approach.
- Debrief teams after wins and losses to understand what worked and what didn’t, and act as a resource and consultant for best practices internally.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience in developing and running successful digital marketing and communications campaigns, and easily understands technical marketing solutions at the enterprise level.
- Understands that even in B2B sales, emotion and interest matter. The successful candidate is a superhero-level writer. Can write kickass business copy that is effective, on-brand and never boring.
- Has taken part in pitching and closing major B2B/enterprise contracts, including the development of sales materials, participating in the sales process, and negotiating with a wide range of prospects (x-industry/geography/role).
- Has a brilliant visual sensibility; knows how to sink into the details of a brand’s design, look and feel; and can bring these qualities to proposal documents.
- Is a native English speaker.
- Is known for their eagle-eye attention to detail, bordering on compulsion. Can find and eliminate typos and errors even under pressure and tight timelines.
- Can manage multiple high-pressure projects and a large workload, while hitting critical deadlines and maintaining excellent internal communications.
- Has a sense of humour and plays well with others.
- Has education/work experience that demonstrates both quantitative and creative skill sets.
- Is a non-traditional thinker – unconstrained by adherence to standard/boring/ineffective business development and marketing strategies; yet able to effectively work within traditional organizations and communicate with traditional thinkers.
- Fluency in a second language.
- Experience in any of the following industries: technology (!!), publishing, startups, corporate, finance, government, aviation, hospitality.