Windows 10 Application Developer (C# / UWP / WPF)
PressReader (http://www.about.pressreader.com) is the world’s leader in published media distribution, offering the largest digital library of daily press hosting over 6,000 newspapers and magazines from over 100 countries and distributing them on millions of computers, tablets and mobile devices in every market.
Offering the world’s most engaging reading experience to millions of readers in 60 languages, PressReader can be found in leading libraries, hotels, airlines, corporate and government offices, cruise ships, airport lounges, schools and restaurants around the world.
We work with publishing houses of all types and sizes, including The New York Times, The Globe and Mail, The Guardian, The Irish Times, Cosmopolitan, Stuff and T3 . The company has two operational entities in Vancouver, Canada (PressReader) and in Dublin, Ireland (PressReader International).
As part of our international expansion, we have an immediate opening for a Senior Windows 10 Application Developer based in our new PressReader International office in Dublin. This is an excellent career building opportunity to work on an award-winning digital platform, working across various stages of the software development cycle, in a wide range of development projects with a world class team of experienced and talented colleagues and helping shape the culture and personality of our new Dublin office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop code for Windows desktop and mobile applications
- Deliver quality code by applying development practices, leveraging test driven development methodology and supporting test automation
- Participate in estimating project efforts and delivery timelines
- Participate in peer design and code reviews
- Identify technical, schedule, and other project risks and provide relevant feedback
- Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability
- User feedback analysis
- Provide technical input into product roadmaps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Minimum 5+ years of related experience in Software development
- Minimum 3 years of C# programming
- Minimum 3 years of Windows Phone and/or Windows Universal App (UWP) and/or WPF programming
- Understanding of mobile applications architecture, common patterns and design
- Experience as a Software Engineer in production of commercial software developing mobile applications
- Knowledge or experience with test driven development and agile/iterative development methodologies
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments
- Able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge
- Strong analytic skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Experience with Development Management Processes including Git and Git Flow & Scrum
We’re on a mission to create a sustainable future for publishers and writers of high-quality news. We want to bring interesting, informative and inspiring stories together for people to read and share. We believe in putting the reader first and are all about innovating the way news is read. And we’re just getting started, come join us!