.NET Web Developer
Are you daily press junkie? Are you passionate about digital publishing and media? Do you want to work together with the top notch web developers and software engineers in exceptional multicultural fast paced environment creating the world leader SaaS in digital content distribution? THIS IS YOUR CHANCE.
PressReader, located in Richmond, BC, is the global leader in the digital delivery of newspapers and magazines. PressReader Software Development is the world's leader in design and development of published media distribution systems, offering the software solutions to distribute the daily press from all over the world on millions of computers, tablets and mobile devices in every market. These software solutions are available to publishers, software companies and educational institutions.
Our systems power many digital publishing solutions globally, including The News York Times Company, the Globe and Mail, and Mainichi Shimbun, among others.
Most likely you are already using the code written by our Software R&D team since we develop the applications allowing you to read your favorite newspapers and magazines on-line or on your mobile devices.
We are looking for an individual to join our R&D team as a .NET Web Developer.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
• Consult with internal clients to develop and document Web site requirements
• Participate in further development of corporate web-sites architecture
• Design and develop code for corporate web sites
• Deliver quality code by applying development practices, leveraging test driven development methodology and supporting test automation
• Perform system integration and testing, problem troubleshooting and resolution
• Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability
• Provide technical input into product roadmaps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related
• Minimum 3 years of C# programming
• Experience as a Software Engineer in production of commercial software developing web-based products
• Experience as a Web Developer in fast-paced production environment
• Experience in test driven development
• Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments
• Able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge
• Strong analytic skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
This is a full time permanent position working 40 hours per week from our corporate office in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada at 200-13111 Vanier Place, Richmond BC Canada, V6V 2J1.
Compensation package includes annual salary of 60K, 40 hours/week, and the following benefits: extended health care, dental, vision and accidental death insurance; MSP installments; 3 weeks paid vacation, 6 sick and 5 bereavement paid days per year; reimbursements for professional training and membership in professional associations; gym membership; flexible hours; complimentary snacks, fruits and beverages in the office and more
We thank you for your interest in our company. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.