iOS Software Engineer
We’re on a mission to improve the way people discover stories that matter. With offices in Vancouver, Dublin, and Manila, we’re building a place for people to find great content from anywhere in the world.
That’s why we’ve partnered with thousands of publishers to give readers unlimited access to leading newspapers and magazines.
We’re all about choice. Using their phone or tablet, readers can browse content online or download entire issues using the PressReader app. They can subscribe for unlimited access, or get the full experience sponsored by one of our partners.
For hotels, we deliver a personalized experience that helps them stay connected to their guests. With instant translation and the ability to communicate directly with readers, hotels can engage all of their guests before, during, and after their visit.
As part of our international expansion, we have an immediate opening for a Senior iOS Software Engineer based in our new PressReader International office in Dublin. In this position you will join the team that builds PressReader for iOS (see: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pressreader-news-magazines/id313904711 & http://www.about.pressreader.com).
This is an excellent career building opportunity to work on an award-winning digital platform, working across various stages of the software development cycle, in a wide range of development projects with a world class team of experienced and talented colleagues and helping shape the culture and personality of our new Dublin office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and build core logic and UI elements for PressReader app
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Objectiive-C with and without ARC, Swift
- Complex Xcode solutions and projects including use of static libraries and loadable modules, advanced project properties and localizable resources, use of bundles
- iOS UI dev components: Navigation, Alert and Popups, Table, Collection and Stack Views, Split views
- Advanced UI technics: Auto Layout, Size classes, customizing look and feel of standard UI elements like navigation and status bar, toolbar buttons
- Networking components: NSURLSession and AFNetworking, JSON an XML serialisation
- Difference between iOS 8 vs iOS 9 vs iOS 10 SDKs
- Apple’s Development certificate and provisioning profile management
- iTunes Connect and Test Flight App Management and Submission
Development management process
- Git and Git Flow
- Agile development process
- 3-5 years of real iOS apps in App Store
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Gym Subsidy