iOS Software Engineer
PressReader (http://www.about.pressreader.com) is the world’s leader in published media distribution, offering the largest digital library of daily press hosting over 6,000 newspapers and magazines from over 100 countries and distributing them on millions of computers, tablets and mobile devices in every market.
Offering the world’s most engaging reading experience to millions of readers in 60 languages, PressReader can be found in leading libraries, hotels, airlines, corporate and government offices, cruise ships, airport lounges, schools and restaurants around the world.
We work with publishing houses of all types and sizes, including The New York Times, The Globe and Mail, The Guardian, The Irish Times, Cosmopolitan, Stuff and T3 . The company has two operational entities in Vancouver, Canada (PressReader) and in Dublin, Ireland (PressReader International).
As part of our international expansion, we have an immediate opening for a Senior iOS Software Engineer based in our new PressReader International office in Dublin. In this position you will join the team that builds PressReader for iOS (see: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pressreader-news-magazines/id313904711 & http://www.about.pressreader.com).
This is an excellent career building opportunity to work on an award-winning digital platform, working across various stages of the software development cycle, in a wide range of development projects with a world class team of experienced and talented colleagues and helping shape the culture and personality of our new Dublin office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and build core logic and UI elements for PressReader app
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Objectiive-C with and without ARC, Swift
- Complex Xcode solutions and projects including use of static libraries and loadable modules, advanced project properties and localizable resources, use of bundles
- iOS UI dev components: Navigation, Alert and Popups, Table, Collection and Stack Views, Split views
- Advanced UI technics: Auto Layout, Size classes, customizing look and feel of standard UI elements like navigation and status bar, toolbar buttons
- Networking components: NSURLSession and AFNetworking, JSON an XML serialisation
- Difference between iOS 8 vs iOS 9 vs iOS 10 SDKs
- Apple’s Development certificate and provisioning profile management
- iTunes Connect and Test Flight App Management and Submission
Development management process
- Git and Git Flow
- Agile development process
- 3-5 years of real iOS apps in App Store
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Gym Subsidy