Marketing Manager, Content Partnerships
PressReader is a rapidly growing technology company that partners with the world’s leading publishers to deliver content to millions of users in over 160 countries. Our progressive approach to digital distribution has allowed publishers such as The Washington Post, The Guardian, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, The Globe and Mail and Vogue to find new audiences through business partnerships including airlines, hotels, cruise ships, libraries and thousands of other companies worldwide.
We’re looking for a rockstar marketing manager - with a strong understanding of publishing, media and technology - who will execute and plan all marketing needs related to PressReader’s roster of content partners, as well as help support a global content team by managing the creation of business development materials – decks, presentations, product sheets and videos.
We should be clear: this is a tough but rewarding job. It’s perfect for someone who can take charge and own the role. It’s an opportunity for a sharp marketer to move fast, learn a lot, and potentially advance in the organization.
If you’re the successful candidate (we hope you are), you’ll work closely with PressReader’s Content Team and the rest of the Marketing team, under the direction of the Director, Business Marketing. You’ll also work closely with the PressReader Creative Lab to manage production of the relevant materials.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop and executing marketing plans with the goal of driving deeper partner engagement and achieving content group KPIs;
- Design and managing digital and traditional marketing campaigns, lead generation, social media, and advertising as they relate to the content side of our business;
- Produce conversion-focused copy for websites, video scripts, articles, brochures, case studies, newsletters, media releases, and other marketing collateral required to achieve marketing and content group plan objectives;
- Project-manage speaking engagements and marketing initiatives at international events;
- Lead co-branding campaigns with publishers and, in some cases, business partners.
Here’s what we need to see:
- A Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or a related field with 5-7 years of experience in a marketing management role.
- Are passionate, motivated, and very hard-working. You’re not looking for a 9-5 job but rather the chance to be part of a dynamic, fast-moving team where you can add unique value.
- Exude professionalism: you’re comfortable communicating with senior leadership in and outside of the company.
- Are an avid consumer of news media and believe in the value of journalism.
- Possess a passion for marketing, business, and your career. You’re always learning and self-improving.
- Are a native English speaker, with the ability to write grammatically-impeccable, conversion-focused marketing copy.
- Have a creative, original, and analytical tech-marketing mindset with the ability to interpret statistics and marketing data. You're always looking for the measurable variable in a marketing campaign, and you excel at breaking down the nebulous concept of 'marketing success’ into tangible KPIs.
- Are laser focused on producing quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Are super organized: you don’t need to be micromanaged to hit all of your deadlines. You can be trusted to manage complex projects.
- Can work both independently and collaboratively with other teams/departments across the company.
- Like to hustle. You will move mountains to get things done, rather than giving up in the face of a speed bump. You are driven to try harder in situations where other people tend to give up.
- Are highly proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Always maintain a positive, can-do attitude and a sense of humour.
- Worked in a big corporate company – but you’d prefer to be agency-side or in the tech industry. You’re familiar with how corporations work, but you’re not a traditional thinker.
- An understanding of growth marketing tactics and conversion optimization.
- Working knowledge of marketing automation systems (e.g. HubSpot, MailChimp, Unbounce), CRM systems (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics), and Project Management tools (e.g. Monday).
- A passion for the technology sector, evidenced by in-depth knowledge of industry trends, practices, leaders, and marketing strategies.
- Twitter and/or Instagram accounts and a following, or maybe a blog. You know how to market yourself on social media.
- A second language (preferably French or Spanish).
We offer a competitive compensation package comes with a chance to be working in one of the most dynamic and exciting international tech companies in Canada.
This role is a full-time position based in our Richmond, BC office. Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada and have a valid passport.
To apply, please submit your CV and blow our minds with an awesome cover letter explaining why you’re right for this role.