Content Integration Advisor
PressReader has an immediate opportunity for a Content Integration Advisor - Publishing in an entry-level role. This is a permanent, full-time position. As a Content Integration Advisor, you will coordinate and relay the technical specs and requirements to publishers, and guide them through the PressReader proprietary testing process.
Functional responsibilities include: maintaining information and data in backend databases, providing support to company staff, partners, and publishers on publication production issues, and communicating with publishers through email and telephone.
Reporting directly to the Content Integration Team Lead, this person should meet the following requirements.
- Production and processing of digital newspapers and magazines replicas from around the world.
- Execution of quality control and assurance measures adhering to Service Level Agreements.
- Provision of technical support and services to our international clients and publishing partners.
- Creating and maintaining information and data in our backend systems and catalogs
- Setting up Title restrictions and embargoes
- Liaison and collaboration with multiple internal and remote departments and teams.
- Testing and launch of new titles and e-paper projects
- Negotiating project details with publishers on operational and technical levels
- Relaying technical specs and requirements to publishers while guiding them through PR Testing process
- Configuring and supporting PressReader proprietary newspaper processing software
- Maintaining information and data in the backend systems and catalogs
- Communicating with publishers via email and telephone
- Providing support to company staff and partners on publisher issues
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Computing Science or related field.
- Knowledge of the publishing industry, digital and print media and/or journalism is an asset
- Proficient in a Microsoft Windows Environment (legacy and current OS).
- Understanding of basic networking protocols such as FTP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP.
- Experience with Adobe PDF software (Creative Suite an asset)
- Additional languages are an asset (esp. Spanish, French and/or Chinese) (written and oral)
- Good oral and written communication skills with a strong command of the English language.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- Exceptional analytical and listening skills.
- Efficiency working in a team and ability to be self-sufficient requiring minimal supervision.
- An understanding of programming, scripting, databases or networking is a plus.
Our benefits package is extensive and covers you and your family. It includes:
- Extended Health Care with Dental and Vision Insurances;
- installments to the BC Provincial Medical Services Plan;
- long-term disability and AD&D insurances for the employee;
- up to 6 paid sick days per year;
- up to 5 paid bereavement days;
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year for start;
- salary advances in exceptional circumstances;
- reimbursements for professional training and the membership in the professional associations;
- gym membership.
This is a full time permanent position working out from our corporate office in Richmond, BC.
Please be advised that only the candidates pre-selected for the interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We appreciate your interest in our company. You can learn more about this and other openings with us at https://about.pressreader.com.