Software Development Manager
At PressReader Software Development we are invested in your success. We want you to have a job you are genuinely excited about, as well as opportunities to learn, grow and challenge yourself. If you are passionate about your career and are eager to be a key contributor to the company’s success, then this is the company for you.
Software Development Manager plays a key role within R&D team that builds the platform for PressReader.com web-site and app-services using cutting-edge technologies.
- Design, implement and support reliable infrastructure for services;
- Create and oversee budget for hardware and software, cloud services and other 3rd party SaaS solutions
- Manage infrastructure team and work groups of software developers, research engineers, DevOps engineers, including hiring, supervising, monitoring performance and progress
- Supervise research projects for R&D teams
- Analyze product requirements, planning their implementation in collaboration with product team
- Design and implementation of IT-related policies for Security, Software Deploying, Incident Management as well as others
Skills and Qualification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering/Development
- Minimum 10 years of leading software development teams developing large web-based commercial applications
- Subject matter expert in Native AI and NLP
- Proven successful experience creating, coaching and leading AI and Machine Learning software development teams
- Background in research is a must
- Strong technical and analytical skills with expertise in problem-solving
- Strong desire for self-improvement in related software development technologies and processes
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams in test driven development and Agile/iterative development methodologies
- Ability to multitask and manage teams with multiple concurrent assignments
This is a full time permanent position working 40 hours per week from our corporate office in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada at 200-13111 Vanier Place, Richmond BC Canada, V6V 2J1.
Compensation package includes 100K annual salary and the following benefits: extended health care, dental, vision and Life &ADD insurance; MSP installments; 3 weeks paid vacation from the first year, up to 6 paid sick and up to 5 paid bereavement days per year; reimbursements for professional training and membership in professional associations; gym membership and more. The overtime rate of 1.5 regular rate starts after 40 hours per week.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter at https://workable.com/j/296F65B3ED You can learn more about PressReader and our other openings at www.pressreader.com