Technical Support Specialist
PressReader is expanding and has an immediate entry-level opportunity for Content Integration Advisor within our Publishing department. This is permanent, full-time position working from our corporate office in Richmond, BC. As a Content Integration Advisor, you will report directly to the Manager of Content Integration, coordinating and relaying the technical specs and requirements to our publishers, and guiding them onboarding to the PressReader platform.
Your scope will include maintaining information and data in backend databases, providing support on publication production issues to the internal staff, partners, and publishers, and communicating with the publishers from all over the world via email and telephone.
- Production and processing of digital newspapers and magazines replicas from around the world.
- Execution of quality control and assurance measures adhering to Service Level Agreements.
- Provision of technical support and services to our international clients and publishing partners.
- Creating and maintaining information and data in our backend systems and catalogs
- Setting up Title restrictions and embargoes
- Liaison and collaboration with multiple internal and remote departments and teams.
- Testing and launch of new newspaper titles and e-paper projects
- Negotiating project details with publishers on operations and technical levels
- Relaying technical specs and requirements to publishers while guiding them through PR Testing process
- Configuring and supporting PressReader proprietary newspaper processing software
- Maintaining information and data in the backend systems and catalogs
- Communicating with publishers through email and telephone
- Providing support to company staff and partners on publisher issues
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Computing Science, or related experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Environment and Operating Systems
- Understanding of basic networking protocols such as FTP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP.
- Experience with Adobe PDF software
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Exceptional analytical and listening skills
- Self-sufficient team player requiring minimal supervision
- An understanding of programming, databases or networking is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- A desire to take initiative and a keen eye for details and accuracy
We provide with extensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, sick and bereavement days; extended health benefits including dental and vision care along with MSP installments; professional training and membership in professional associations; gym membership; opportunity work with the top-notch professionals from all over the world; fresh fruits and beverages in the office on daily basis; and much more.
If this sounds like you, please apply with your resume at https://pressreader.workable.com/j/23A3AEA275 . No phone calls please.