Program Manager, TextBook Hub
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a fast growing and dynamic team? Do you want to broaden and deepen your understanding of key business drivers, challenges, risks and opportunities? Are you passionate about getting it right and helping customers achieve success? Do you want to be part of a team with a startup culture? If so, this role may be right for you.
The TextbookHub team within PressReader is responsible for delivering offline and online Student learning solutions in the K-12 environment. We build and deliver a suite of software that enables students and teachers to use state of the art, customizable digital textbooks in their teaching/learning environment. Our software integrates with on-site SIS and LMS systems provided by others and provides schools with an integrated learning environment.
Focus on the big picture of "what are we trying to do" and on the details of the user experience, the feature set, and the way the product is used. Our PM has to see forest behind trees. Understand why we do what we do, what is next and why.
Our team is looking for a Program Manager that brings great teamwork, positive attitude, high-energy leadership, and engineering execution to our team chartered with enabling a world-class experience for K-12 Students, Teachers and Administrators.
To succeed in this role, you must be a thought leader, a driver, and help shape the direction as well as the deliverables for our product’s success. More specifically:
- A natural curiosity and strong desire to engage with customers and partners
- An ability to translate customer problems into opportunities
- An ability to create, articulate, and build consensus on a clear vision
- Translate overall product vision into well-defined user stories with measurable success criteria
- Develop product plans and roadmap; prioritize capabilities;
- Manage a complex and ambiguous project with many critical dependencies
- Bachelors and/or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
2+ years of relevant experience in program management in shipping high-quality software products. MBA is a plus.
- Strong customer empathy and passion for doing what's right for the customer
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Great cross-group collaboration skills with focus on creating clarity, generating energy and delivering success
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- K-12 Education experience a plus
Thank you for your interest in working with us. Only those pre-selected for an interview will be contacted.
You can find out more about us and currently open positions at corporate web site career page