Client Relationship Manager
We’re on a mission to improve the way people discover stories that matter. PressReader (about.pressreader.com) is a global platform headquartered in Vancouver that connects readers to the world’s best newspapers and magazines. Our customers can subscribe for unlimited access or get the full experience sponsored by one of our brand partners.
As the Forbes Travel Guide official digital media provider, we work closely with some of the world’s biggest brands to create awesome digital experiences for their customers. We’ve got friends at Cathay Pacific, Silversea Cruises, Air Canada, British Airways, Accor Hotels, Marriott, and more than 20,000 other hotels, airlines, cruise ships, and libraries. We’re also really proud to be a forward-thinking employer that’s committed to creating a flexible, inclusive environment that gives great people the opportunity to do great things.
Lucky for you we’re always growing.
Our sales team is growing. We’re looking for a strategically minded, quick thinking self-starter who knows their way around a fast-paced technology company. This is an excellent career-building opportunity to work at a truly global technology company with a world-class team.
Working closely with sales directors, developers and our marketing team, manage our current portfolio of major aviation and maritime accounts (mostly airlines and cruise/ferry lines), while helping to launch and onboard new clients.
- Help onboard new clients, ensuring their technical solution is implemented successfully. You don’t need to be a developer, but you need to comfortable working with technical teams (ours and our clients’) to ensure everything gets done on-time, to spec, and is tested properly.
- Work closely with marketing on client launches and ongoing campaigns and asset refreshes.
- Pro-actively schedule, drive and facilitate all deliverables with clients, responding quickly to their requests, and managing projects working with various departments at PressReader.
- Provide ongoing support for your clients, sharing reporting and information, and channeling requests to the right people as needed.
- Build and maintain a thorough understanding of PressReader’s technical solutions, and be able to provide training and assistance for your clients.
- Schedule and host regular follow-up meetings with clients to ensure they’re happy, and look for opportunities to improve or update our service offering and marketing assets.
- Assist in the development of detailed proposals to help us win new aviation and maritime clients.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of our strategy as it relates to the maritime and aviation segments, and ensure that all of our programs and proposals align with that strategy.
Your Skills & Experience
Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working cross-functionally in a client success role within a fast-paced business, ideally in the tech sector
Strong technical skills – you easily get complex technology and know how to work with developers
Excellent project management skills, with demonstrable experience in a dynamic business
Killer attention to detail
Stellar communication skills, both written and spoken, and native fluency in English
The ability to present to/interact with very senior clients
Expert-level Excel, PowerPoint and CRM skills
Strong interpersonal skills
The ability to remain calm, cool and collected under pressure
Lots of experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
A sense of humour
Experience working with aviation, maritime, travel and/or luxury clients
Fluency in another language
Note that some occasional travel may be required, so it’s important that you have a valid passport.