Senior UX Designer - Vancouver, Canada
We’re on a mission to improve the way people discover stories that matter. PressReader (www.about.pressreader.com) is a global platform that connects readers to the world’s best newspapers and magazines.
We’re all about choice. Using their phone or tablet, readers can browse online or download entire issues using the PressReader app. They can subscribe for unlimited access or get the full experience sponsored by one of our hotel, library, airline, cruise ship, or corporate partners. Our headquarters are in Vancouver, but we’ve got offices in Dublin and Manila, too.
PressReader works closely with some of the world’s biggest brands to create awesome digital experiences for their customers. We’ve got friends at Cathay Pacific, Air Canada, Bell Canada, AccorHotels, Forbes, The New York Times, The Guardian, Washington Post, Vogue, T3 and Cosmopolitan. We’re also really proud to be a forward-thinking employer that’s committed to creating an open, inclusive environment that gives great people the opportunity to do great things.
Lucky for you, we’re always growing.
We’re looking for a top-notch Senior UX/UI designer with deep experience working on mobile consumer products. Reporting to our Chief Technology Officer and playing a key role on our product team, the successful candidate will lead user experience audit, improvement and creation across all of our products. This person will work closely with our engineering, product, marketing and business teams to align the user experience with our goals. They’ll also act as a key member of our Cross-Functional Product Team, which plays a significant role in making strategic recommendations for the future of our product.
This is an excellent career building opportunity to lead UX, working with world-class colleagues on an industry-leading digital platform that serves millions of users every week. We’re at a really interesting time of rapid transformation, and this person will have the opportunity to meaningfully impact our product and contribute heavily to our product strategy.
- Most importantly: design-first thinking with a solid understanding of information and user-centered design principles and techniques
- Next-level design sensibility – you stay on top of industry trends and have an excellent sense of taste
- Degree or diploma in UX/UI/Interaction design discipline or similar
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrable industry experience with a strong emphasis on mobile web & apps
- Stand-out portfolio demonstrating UX process and deliverables in paper prototyping, wireframes, usability research/testing and more
- Collaborative mindset, able to work with diverse teams and stakeholders to find the best solution
- Sense of humour
- Stellar project management skills with ability to manage competing deadlines in a high-velocity environment
- Proven ability to write, execute and analyze usability research/tests, distilling into actionable insights and optimized user experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present, persuade and influence at all decision making levels
- Strong proficiency with industry-standard tools like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge or experience with rapid prototyping and testing
- Ability to incorporate data and analytics insights into design solutions
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to work independently
To apply: Please submit your CV and portfolio.
Our benefits package is extensive and covers you and your family. It includes:
- Extended Health Care with Dental and Vision
- Installments to BC Provincial Medical Services Plan
- Long-term disability, Life and AD&D insurance for the employee
- Up to 6 paid sick days per year
- Up to 5 paid bereavement days per year
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year for start, followed by 3 weeks vacation after completion of 3 years of service
- Reimbursements for professional training and the membership in the professional associations
- Gym membership.
This is a full time permanent position working from our corporate office in Richmond, BC.