Junior Web Designer Co-op
Who we are:
We’re on a mission to improve the way people discover stories that matter. PressReader is a global platform that connects readers to the world’s best newspapers and magazines. We’re all about choice. Using their phone or tablet, readers can browse online or download entire issues using the PressReader app. They can subscribe for unlimited access, build their own package, or get the full experience sponsored by one of our brand partners. Our headquarters are in Vancouver, but we’ve got offices in Dublin and Manila, too.
PressReader works closely with some of the world’s biggest brands to create engaging digital experiences for their customers. Not to brag or anything, but we’ve got friends at Cathay Pacific, Air Canada, Bell Canada, AccorHotels, Forbes, Washington Post, Vogue, and Cosmopolitan. We’re also really proud to be a forward-thinking employer that’s committed to creating an open, inclusive environment that gives awesome people the opportunity to be even more awesome.
Lucky for you, we’re always growing.
We are looking for a sharp, digitally-savvy Junior Web Designer to work with our Creative Lab team and design eye-catching landing pages, emails and a bunch of fun projects!
- Build and maintain a variety of marketing emails and landing pages in MailChimp, WordPress, Unbounce, HubSpot, etc.
- Create new mockups of innovative, eye-catching design concepts
- Design digital marketing materials with a thoughtful understanding of advertising principles
- Research and suggest ideas for ads, emails, and webpages
- Create presentation boards, mood boards, and associated materials
- Test designs on multiple devices and ensure browser compatibility
- Manage time appropriately and clearly communicate changes in effort or scope
- Ensure all timelines and deadlines are met.
- Work closely with Marketing Team to take an idea from concept to implementation
- Excellent knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of CSS animations is a bonus
- Passionate about web design and up to date on industry trends
- Export design files for web (size, format, resolution)
- Experience with WordPress, Unbounce, MailChimp and HubSpot
- Proficiency in PC or Mac operating systems
- Experienced in the use of Adobe CC design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability in careful choosing of type, color, imagery, and layout for common deliverables
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Able to be part of a community and work in a team environment
- Open to taking direction and being receptive in receiving critics
- Strong communication skills
- Must be adaptable to working in a rapidly changing and evolving environment
This is a 4-8 months contract, ideal for a Co-op student.